Tours, Chocolate Demonstrations and Children's Classes & Parties
The Treat Factory in Berry is the ultimate indulgent stop for your tour group. An essential destination when visiting the South Coast.
At The Treat Factory Berry you can buy direct from the producer. The Treat Factory is the South Coast’s most prestigious providore of handcrafted jams, preserves, chocolates, confectionary and gourmet foods. Food and wine tours, food trails and gourmet food groups continually insist on visiting The Treat Factory to experience the award-winning, unique range of produce.
The Treat Factory has over 50 years’ experience handcrafting hundreds of gourmet jams and chutneys. Located in the historic South Coast Central Creamery your tour group will smell and taste the excitement of produce being handcrafted. The Treat Factory complex in Berry now boasts two retail stores, side by side, offering plenty for your tour group to browse through.
The Treat Factory lovingly handcrafts an extensive range of Belgian chocolate, confectionary and fudges. During the week at production time you may peer into the 'Chocolate and Confectionary Room' and view goods being handmade.
The Treat Factory has full wheelchair access. Public and disability toilets are available, as is ample coach and bus parking.
Chocolate demonstrations for Tour Groups
Coaches and tour groups are welcome at The Treat Factory. For groups of 15 or more we can offer private chocolate demonstrations for $3.50 per person (payable by tour leader). This includes:
- Viewing of The Treat Factory 'Chocolate and Confectionary Room'
- Demonstration of chocolate equipment and how The Treat Factory makes chocolate
- A bag of chocolate to take home
The Treat Factory’s Chocolate Demonstrations can accommodate approximately 15 people and run for about 15 minutes. For tour groups of over 15 people we offer back-to-back chocolate demonstrations and rotate groups between shopping and the chocolate demonstration. We recommend coaches, buses and tour groups of 30 allow 45 minutes for their visit, and larger groups allow 1 hour.
Bookings are essential. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 4464 1112.
Children’s Chocolate Workshops
Bean to the Bar School Holiday Chocolate Making Classes
During the school holidays the Treat Factory in Berry offers chocolate-making classes for children. Classes include:
- Learn about the history of chocolate
- Explore and taste different varieties of chocolate
- Use the professional chocolate equipment
- Make a selection of chocolate treats using Belgian chocolate to take home.
Classes are $25 per person. Classes run for 1 hour. Recommended for children age 5 and above as the class is ran in a commercial kitchen with high benches
School holiday 2018 classes
- January 16th & 17th: 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm
- April 17th, 18th, 23rd, 24th: 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm
- July 16th & 17th: 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm
- October 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th : 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm
Bookings online at http://www.treatfactory.com.au/bean-to-bar-school-holiday-workshop/
Children's Chocolate Parties
Looking for a fun, unique, educational and hands on party experience for your child. The Treat Factory in Berry offers From the Bean to the Bar Children's Chocolate Parties. Children are guaranteed to giggle when enjoying their chocolate crafting experience with friends, qualified instructors, Belgian Chocolate and plenty of sweets and treats.
Treat your child, have a CHOCOLATE PARTY at The Treat Factory. The party is $250 for up to 10 children.
· Explore where chocolate comes from? How is it grown and produced?
· Taste different varieties of chocolate including raw 100% cacao.
· Use professional chocolate equipment in The Treat Factory's Chocolate Production Room.
· Make a selection of chocolate treats using Belgian chocolate to take home including handcrafted (by you) birthday themed chocolates and chocolate treats in personalised packaging.
The party will run for 1 hour. Recommended for children 5yrs +.
2018 Children's Chocolate Parties calendar:
January 13th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
February 17th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
March 17th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
April 14th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:3p0pm
May 12th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
June 16th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
August 18th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
September 15th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
October 20th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
November 17th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
December 15th 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
To book, please visit http://www.treatfactory.com.au/chocolate-parties-for-kids/